Last week the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) shared the following press release announcing CEO & President, Amanda Blackwood, as a finalist for their Outstanding Women Leaders (OWL) Awards in the category of Executive Woman Award.
During her career, Amanda has lead the way for women in business across the region, opening doors for others along her path. A trailblazer, she has showcased for all what it means to be a fierce business leader as well as a dedicated mother, leading with compassion and understanding.
We are excited to celebrate Amanda, as well as the other finalists on March 24th during the OWL Awards Gala.
Local Women Business Owners Honored at Upcoming Ceremony
SACRAMENTO, CA The Sacramento Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) is pleased to announce its 27th Annual Outstanding Women Leaders (OWL) Awards Gala. The event will be held at Arden Hills Resort, March 24, 2023 from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. Returning emcee and KFBK news anchor Kitty O’Neal is back for her 27th time as host. This year’s theme is “A Night at the OSCARS™.”
The OWL Gala is NAWBO Sacramento Valley Chapter’s signature event and has become an annual tradition in and around the region. The event honors the top achievers and leaders among women entrepreneurs, along with corporate, government and community leaders who have advanced the status of women in our region.
- Achievement Against All Odds Award: A woman who achieves success despite unfavorable circumstances
- Executive Woman Award: A senior level corporate woman leading the way for others
- Vision Award: A woman who leads an organization whose vision provides meaningful opportunities for women
- Wise Woman Award: Also known as the “Business Woman of the Year Award,” is for a woman who exemplifies all aspects of success as a woman business owner
- Woman Innovator Award: A successful woman business owner in a non-traditional or exceptionally innovative business
- Woman on the Way Award: An up and coming woman business owner, who has less than 5-years in business
Live Interviews with Kelly DeMarco and Patrick Harbision, entertainment by Clemón Charles, dinner, Awards Ceremony and Dancing afterwards.
- Annette K Wimmer Achievement Against All Odds/Wise Woman
- Dinorah Galicia Klingler Achievement Against All Odds
- Laura Didier Achievement Against All Odds
- Shobha Mallarapu Achievement Against All Odds
- Amanda Blackwood Executive Woman
- Dr.Nkiruka Catherine Ohaegbu Executive Woman
- Kari-Stout Smith Executive Woman
- Beth Hassett Vision Award
- Dr. Kennedy Hill-Garcia Vision Award
- Melissa Washington Vision Award
- Ann Bouchard Wise Woman
- Tracie Stafford Wise Woman
- Alexandra Baron Woman Innovator
- Amanda Brincat Woman Innovator
- Delgreta Brown Woman Innovator
- Jamie Levoy Woman Innovator
- Jill Osur Woman Innovator
- Lashanna Ingraham Lintamo Woman Innovator
- Sadie St Lawrence Woman Innovator
- Bri Norberg Woman on the Way
- Jen Saha Woman on the Way
- Natisha Livingston Woman on the Way
- Nicole Townsend Woman on the Way
- Sa (Sandy) Ton Woman on the Way