The Office of the Governor announced today that Sacramento County has moved into the Red Tier in the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. This means the following for our members and business community opening for “INDOOR operations with modifications (see industry guidance for these modifications)”:
- All retail (maximum 50% capacity).
- Critical infrastructure (read details HERE).
- Gyms and fitness centers (maximum 10% capacity).
- Hair salons and barbershops.
- Movie theaters (maximum 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer).
- Museums, zoos, aquariums (maximum 25% capacity).
- Nail salons and physician-ordered electrolysis operations.
- Personal care services (e.g. body waxing, estheticians).
- Places of worship (maximum 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer).
- Professional sports (without live audiences).
- Restaurants (maximum 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer).
Shopping centers (e.g. malls, destination centers, swap meets, excluding food courts and common areas) (maximum 50% capacity).
Sacramento County recommends that only members of a household should eat together inside a restaurant. Restaurant occupancy is based on customers and does not include staffing.
In alignment with Red Tier 2, the following sectors are permitted for “OUTDOOR operations only” until further notice. These sectors must maintain mitigation measures (social distancing, face coverings and sanitization):
- Family entertainment centers (e.g. bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades).
- Cardrooms, satellite wagering.
- Bars, pubs, brewpubs, breweries and distilleries may operate outdoors, only if they offer sit-down, outdoor meals with purchase of alcohol for on-site consumption.
It will be important for all of us to continue our efforts to mitigate the spread by:
- Wearing a mask.
- Maintaining six feet of distance.
- Washing hands frequently.
- Minimizing mixing and gathering.
- Getting a seasonal flu shot.
Additional details and resources:
- County Tier Search
- Industry Guidance
- Tier Details (what is open)
- Sacramento County Summary
- Sacramento County Revised Health Order
Our Capital Region counties are listed as follows:
Purple (widespread) – Sutter and Yuba counties
Red (substantial) – Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties
Orange (moderate) – El Dorado County