Inspire Giving was established in 2009 as a program of the Metro Chamber Foundation and is held as an endowment fund of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation. The goal of the program is to cultivate civic-minded leadership, volunteerism and philanthropic giving in the Sacramento region.
Inspire Giving’s motto is “a little is enough, if enough people do it.” The program celebrates the collective impact of individual contributions. This request for Letters of Intent (LOIs) is the eighth solicitation of Inspire Giving and serves as the avenue for the endowment’s eighth award of monetary contributions (up to $10,000), in-kind services and/or volunteer support.
This year, Inspire Giving will focus its grant-making on the following priority area:
Economic and Workforce Development
Includes but is not limited to:
- Builds the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that are needed by individuals in the workforce
- Education and training programs designed to enhance the skills of people to gain or maintain socioeconomic status
- Improves the economic well-being and quality of life for a community by creating and/or retaining jobs and supporting or growing incomes
- Job training, skills enhancement, financial literacy, job placement assistance, workforce re-entry
To be eligible for consideration, submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant agency must have 501(c)3 status;
- Service area must be within at least one of the six counties (El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba) covered by the Sacramento Metro Chamber Foundation;
- Applicant agency must have at least two years of operational history with an annual operations budget in excess of $250,000;
- Applicant agency must have a proven track record and demonstrated success in the focus area listed above; and
- Must not have been the recipient of an Inspire Giving grant or Leadership Sacramento project since 2012.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to identify their specific need for cash, in-kind services, skilled or unskilled volunteer support, and be as descriptive as possible as to how best to match your organization needs with resources provided by Inspire Giving. For information on the application process, eligibility and to submit a Letter of Interest (LOI), please CLICK HERE.
Completed LOI applications are due by Thursday, October 5, 2017, at 5:00 PM. Applications will only be accepted through the online application. No late applications will be accepted.