WHAT: Two years after assisting their first client in December 2014, the Capital Region Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will announce achieving a major milestone in its mission to help regional businesses grow.
Since its opening, the Capital Region SBDC has opened 8 hubs across 8 counties and forged partnerships with local innovation and collaboration spaces like the Glue Factory and Capsity to offer their consulting services to budding entrepreneurs. In 2016 alone, the SBDC helped create 45 NEW businesses in our region and over 200 jobs.
The SBDC offers FREE, high-quality business advice on a wide range of skill sets from financial management, accessing capital, marketing, importing and exporting and how to start a business. Funded through the U.S. Small Business Administration and local matching dollars, a primary goal for the SBDC is to help businesses obtain the financing they need to grow. They work closely with area banks, credit unions and alternative lenders to help companies build partnerships and secure the appropriate loans and capital. These efforts have resulted in millions of capital infusion right here in the Capital Region for our business community.
- Congresswoman Doris Matsui
- Congressman Ami Bera
- Joe McClure, District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Peter Tateishi, President & CEO, Sacramento Metro Chamber
- Scott Leslie, SBDC Director, Sacramento Metro Chamber
- SBDC Success Stories:
- Mac Clemmens, CEO, Digital Deployment
- Maria Harrington, CEO, Casa de Español
- Kevin Terry, CEO, Axis LED Lighting
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
2572 21st St, Sacramento, CA 95818